View Photo

Photo Albums > IRL Station Photos > William' Harbour watch house First photo Previous Photo Next Photo Last photo
William' Harbour watch house
Williamís Harbour is named as a detachment of Annalong coastguard station in a schedule of coastguard stations in 1868 and is listed in Glassdrumman townland in the Griffith Valuation as Coast-Guard Watch House1. The watch house is shown on the Griffith Valuation map but it is not designated; the building is missing from the OS 1st edition although the dwellings are present. Two coastguards detached from Annalong station are named in the Griffith list as resident on the site2.
Is this the smallest coastguard watch house?

Date: 22/03/2011
Added by: mayned
Dimensions: 1600 x 1124 pixels
Filesize: 464.82kB
Comments: 0
Number of views: 3190
 

Comments

No Comments have been Posted.
 

Post Comment

Please Login to Post a Comment.