View Thread

Print Thread
Visit to Ireland Medals
Peter Mc
Approximately 19 Irish Coastguards received a bronze medal in connection with the Royal Visit to Ireland of Edward V11 in 1903. I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has one of these medasl in their possession.
Peter Mc
Interested in anything to do with the Royal Irish Constabulary. Please visit my genealogy website.

Peter Mc
The following medals were awarded to Joseph Butler. During the Royal Visit to Ireland in 1903, Butler was present at Buncrana (Lough Swilly) along with John Cresswell (medals also illustrated on this site). He had previously served on board HMS Inflexible at the Battle of Alexandria on 11th July 1882.
The group consists of: Egypt Medal 1882 clasp Alexandria 11th July (J. BUTLER. ORD: H.M.S.”INFLEXIBLE”); Khedives Star 1882; 1903 Visit to Ireland (J.BUTLER..COMMD. BOATMAN.); Royal Naval Long Service and Good Conduct medal (EV11) (JOSEPH BUTLER, COMMD. BOATN., H.M. COAST GUARD.). Note that the cloth of the original Coastguard uniform remains attached in 3 cases.
Peter Mc attached the following image:
rsz_butlerhmgobv.jpg

Edited by Peter Mc on 31/01/2010 14:19
Peter Mc
Interested in anything to do with the Royal Irish Constabulary. Please visit my genealogy website.

Jump to Forum: