View Thread

Print Thread
Archibald Boyd
Boluwd
I posted earlier on the Coastguard section about my great grandfather William E Jones who was a RN coastguard based primarily in Ballygally between 1868 and 1889. During that time, in 1872, he married Elizabeth Boyd, the daughter of a retired coastguard permanent extra man named Archibald Boyd.
My research in Ancestry and ADM 175 shows that Archibald was born around 1808 and his coastguard service was from 1838 to 1854 at Crawfordsburn station, then at Groomsport to 1858. He then retired and moved to Glenarm.
I have details of his marriage to a Mary Graham from another member family tree. I have contacted the member who unfortunately cannot recall where she found the record of marriage.
The entry on the tree shows the date of marriage as 23 June 1834 in the Diocese of Connor.
I am attempting to research the line of Mary Graham. My family always said that there was a connection with Whitehaven.
I have discovered an Edward Graham joined the coastguard service from Whitehaven in 1821 when he was posted to Ballygally Head..
Basically, what I’m after is advice on how to find more details from the marriage certificate, specifically the name of Mary Graham’s father.

Mary Graham (Boyd) died in 1869 and Archibald died in 1875. I understand both are buried in Glenarm.
Any help would be appreciated.

Jump to Forum: