View Thread

Print Thread
Behenna/Bond/Brown Coastguards West Coast of Ireland
Carol
Martin

Thank you very much.. He also served on the Duke of Wellington, Neptune, and Odin

Carol
Carol Buxton

Kalilileth
It might be orth keeping an eye out to see if these Brownes are connecyed to the Borwnes of Claddagh, Galway. I can't give you any firm evidence, but it would eb extremely likely due to the Claddagh Brownes links with the service and the intermarriage between coastguard families.

Chrisbrowne
Hi , I am researching my family tree and have found my great great grandfather called Henry browne listed as a coast guard .... No success so far in actually finding him on this website but he had sons born in co.wexford ( john browne ) and a son born in co.sligo ( Patrick Browne ) .... Any suggestions on where to go next appreciated

crimea1854
Welcome to the Forum.

It would be helpful if you could provide some additional details, particularly places with dates, since this would inform avenues for further research.

Martin

Chrisbrowne
HI martin .... I am having no luck in finding birth registrations for either Patrick or John browne except the 1901 and 1911 census showing their place of birth as Co wexford and Co Sligo respectively . The family ended up in Baltimore in the 1850s as Henry,s wife ( Mary ) is shown as renting land in Baltimore in Griffiths valuation. I have also tried to access the online data in the national archives in Kew and searched the listing for Irish coastguards but still no luck in finding the a Henry Browne . Is it possible to get a list of all coastguard stations in Co.Sligo and Co wexford and search form 1800 through to 1860 for a record that way and if so where would I find such records ? thanks in advance
Chris

Jump to Forum: