View Thread

Print Thread
Thomas Baker
Nigel Linwood
Hi Martin
Have just discovered that the Thomas Baker working in Greencastle and born in Castle Cary was a Thatcher so i fear i am on the wrong track.
Nigel R B Linwood

crimea1854
Nigel

I would not be too quick to discount the TB working at Greencastle, since the Establishment Book for Moville does not start until 1862, which is outside your timeframe. The other thing to bear in mind, is for the period you are interested in, Coastguard accommodation was provided not in purpose built CG Stations, but in rented cottages that means a man might be living a little distance from where he was working.

Martin

Nigel Linwood
Hi Martin I have just received some new evidence about my Gt Gt G Father THOMAS BAKER, it is as follows-:BORN 1819 in Castle Cary,Somerset he was living in KILLYBEGS IN 1871 for the christening of his son SAMUEL BAKER,My (Gt Grandfather) IN THE CHURCH of KILLYBEGS DIOCESE of RAPHORE in The County of Donegal, his wifes name was Mary. He was at this time CHIEF BOATSWAIN of COASTGUARDS.I still cannot find any evidence of him anywhere other than what I have here, although I do have his entry papers into the Royal Navy of 25th Feb 1834 at the age of 15
Edited by Nigel Linwood on 05/06/2017 10:31

Jump to Forum: